Master of Science in Nursing – Chronic Care Management Admission
How to apply to our Master of Science in Nursing Chronic Care Management program
Complete our admission application to take the first step:
1) College of Graduate Studies Admission application
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply for Georgia RN license.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience prior to entering the NP Clinical Specialty Core. [RN experience can be obtained while completing Graduate Core and APN Core courses].
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form (must be completed prior to first semester entry and completed each semester afterward)
- All materials are to be submitted online through the College of Graduate Studies Admission’s office with the application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Nursing Student Health Appraisal forms (required before the first day of the first semester)
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- Upon acceptance, proof of current malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage, amount. Students must purchase “Student” malpractice insurance prior to entering ANY clinical course that requires clinical hours.
- Students must complete mandatory online (Folio) modules for orientation prior to the start of the program.
Specific Admission Policies
Students must gain Regular Degree-Seeking Status admission to the Post-BSN-DNP program to be eligible to enroll in graduate nursing courses. Non-degree students are not permitted to enroll in graduate nursing courses without consent of the graduate program director with the exception of students formally admitted to the Post-MSN certificate option.
Admission to Regular Degree-Seeking Status:
Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the summer cohort. Students who are admitted to the MSN-Chronic Care Management Program will be given a 3 semester program of study to include 1 summer. Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
Tuition and Fees
Last updated: 2/15/2018