Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate Admission
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply for Georgia RN license.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience prior to entering the NP Clinical Specialty Core. [RN experience can be obtained while completing Graduate Core and APN Core courses].
- Prerequisite undergraduate statistics course or a statistically oriented methodology course.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of current malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage, amount. NP’s need “Student NP” malpractice insurance if offered by insurance company. CNS can have RN malpractice.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification
- Proof of RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
Specific Admission Policies
Must gain regular status admission to the Post-MSN Certificate program to be eligible to enroll in graduate nursing courses. Non-degree students are not permitted to enroll in graduate nursing courses with the exception of students formally admitted to the Post-MSN certificate option or approved by the graduate program director.
Admission to Regular Degree-Seeking Status:
Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) plus one option below
Post-MSN Certificate program will admit students fall semester. All admission application materials for both the College of Graduate Studies and the Graduate Nursing program must be received by March 1st for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the Post-MSN Certificate program will be given a program of study to include summers and will be be determined by the graduate program director prior to the first course taken. The graduate program director will conduct a “GAP” analysis to determine required courses. Contact the College of Graduate Studies for necessary paperwork. Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration will be conducted prior to admission.
All Post-Master Certificate applicants will be provided an individualized program of study by the graduate program director. All applicants must submit a hard copy of unofficial transcript, all course syllabi, and course descriptions, to the graduate program director.
Tuition and Fees
Last updated: 2/15/2018