Requirements for admission to the program are based on those in place at the time of application. To be considered for admission, applicants must have:
- Attained admission to Georgia Southern University View important information about your admission status, Regents testing, transcripts, course transfer information and more at http://admissions.georgiasouthern.edu/
- Requested official transcript(s) for all college course work attempted and assured that the transcripts have been received in the Georgia Southern University, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 8024, Statesboro, GA 30460;
- Received an Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited institution;
- Current Georgia RN Licensure;
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all course work attempted. Provisional admission with a 2.70-3.0 is available; students admitted on provisional status must earn a minimum of “B” grade in the first 6 hours of nursing courses attempted;
- Completed Area A math course, Area D, and Area F. Applicants must have no more than 10 hours of core courses left to complete;
- Submitted a completed RN-BSN online application to the School of Nursing, by the posted deadline: April 1st for Fall semester, or October 1st for Spring semester;
- Students may take two nursing courses, NURS 4301 and NURS 4303, without being admitted to the RN-BSN Program, with permission from the RN-BSN Program Director.
- No nursing entrance exam is required.
Upon admission to the program, students must:
- Attend the RN-BSN Orientation, held on-campus on the first day of classes. This orientation substitutes for SOAR, the Office of Admissions required orientation. RN-BSN students should not register for a SOAR session.
- Met all School of Nursing clinical course requirements, including: (a) Current American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers’ certification card copy; (b) Professional RN Liability Insurance (a word about liability insurance); and (c) USG-SHIP mandatory health insurance enrollment or waiver (information provided to student after admission); Completion of BOR Forms (Release of Records; Program Agreement)
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees charged by Georgia Southern University are approved by the University System of Georgia annually. Changes in tuition and fee rates are typically effective fall semester each year. The tuition and fees listed on the links below provide an estimate of tuition, fees, housing, meals, books and supplies.
Please note: The institutional fee as of 2017-2018 is $290.00 per term for students enrolled in 5 hours or more and $145 per term for students enrolled in fewer than 5 hours. This fee is not covered by HOPE and is due on the regularly published fee payment deadlines.
Last updated: 2/7/2018