IPHCC – Video Case Studies
Video cases from Western University, Canada
- Albert – A 70 year old married man with past alcohol abuse, depression, anxiety all related to the long-ago death of his 7 year old son, which he has never been able to come to terms with. Recent visits to ER reveal lung disease and shortness of breath.
- Beth – A 30 year old single, unemployed woman with history of childhood sexual abuse and a past conviction of child molestation. She has rheumatoid arthritis, smoker, alcohol and drug abuse, weight-gain, depression, and housing issues.
- Black Family – A 32 year old pregnant mother of three young children, including a daughter with cystic fibrosis. Recently diagnosed with diabetes and admitted to hospital. Mr. Black is a heavy smoker who hasn’t been able to quit and is overwhelmed with the responsibilities of taking care of his family.
- Emma – A 73 y.o. married woman with diabetes and several related health issues; Rural health
- Molly – A 21 year old woman, 1 week post MVA with multiple injuries and fractures including spinal cord and trauma to head
Video cases from University of Minnesota, Ryerson University, and Thomas Jefferson University
- Mr. Edwards – patient being discharged from hospital, from University of Minnesota
- Wolcott Creek Interprofessional Collaboration Work- from Ryerson University
- Thomas Jefferson University Case Studies
- Initial home visit by multiple professionals for older woman with diabetes, CHF and frequent falls from Thomas Jefferson University.
- After fall at home, emergency hospitalization, surgery and post-op care from Thomas Jefferson University.
- Multiple health professionals helping patient in hospital after CVA from Thomas Jefferson University.
Last updated: 7/31/2018