Medical Laboratory Science-Traditional Track
The Medical Laboratory Sciences Traditional Track is a four semester professional program that begins every fall semester. Students who have completed all prerequisites and have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better are eligible to apply. This program starts with on-campus courses and student labs. During the summer and second fall semester, the students will perform clinical training in a designated clinical site.
Medical Laboratory Science Minimum Admission Requirements
- Applicants must be accepted by Georgia Southern University
- Applicants must apply and pay for the Allied Health Centralized Application Service (AHCAS) Application. Information located on the Medical Laboratory Science Home Page.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater overall and in all sciences.
- All Core courses (including AREA D and AREA F) must be completed with a grade of “C” or better prior to program admission.
- Applicants who have applied for grade forgiveness or academic renewal will have their transcripts evaluated on a case by case basis in accordance with university policies.
- Other applicants who do not meet the minimum criteria may be considered under special circumstances.
- Additionally, there may be program specific requirements that may need to be met.
Last updated: 8/4/2021