Applicants to this program must first be accepted to the university. Admission is open until all seats are filled.
Admission to the program requires:
- SAT of at least 830, with 400 or more in Math and 430 or more in Verbal
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.4 or more
- Satisfactory completion of the Regents’ Testing Program, if applicable
- Completion and/or credit for:
- Science course (chemistry and biology) average of 2.5 or better with no more than one required science course with a grade of “D”
All prerequisite science (chemistry and biological science) courses are restricted to courses applicable to a major in those fields or Medical Laboratory Science, according to the curriculum requirements of the academic institution where the course or courses were taken. Remedial courses do not qualify.
Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements stated above may, under certain circumstances, be granted conditional admission as space permits. This decision would be made by the department head, in consultation with the Admissions Committee.
Last updated: 3/29/2019