Exercise Science Careers and Internships
Are you interested in exercise science careers? The career opportunities can include:
- Performing fitness evaluations and exercise prescriptions in private or corporate fitness centers
- Working in industrial fitness settings
- Assisting with cardiac rehabilitation in hospitals
- Working as strength and conditioning (CSCS) assistant with athletic populations
- Serving as tactical strength and conditioning assistant with military, local law enforcement and related agencies.
Students at Georgia Southern are prepared for diverse career opportunities. After completing our curriculum, you can pursue your interests in the real world. Additionally, you will be prepared for graduate or professional school training. Our exercise science major supports applications to physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant and medical school.
For more information, please see the American College of Sports Medicine’s career guide.
|Exercise Science Internship Guide||Internship Manual|
|MOU Information|| |
This list includes all sites for which GS Waters College of Health Professions currently has an active, fully executed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in place to facilitate student internships and clinical rotations. The list is intended to be used by students as a resource to identify a potential site of interest for their internship hours. For example, a student from Atlanta may wish to locate a site within the Atlanta area. After reviewing the list, students should discuss the options with their program coordinator for planning purposes. Students should NOT contact a site directly.
MOU Request/Renewal Form (For faculty and staff use only)
Last updated: 2/17/2021