Nutrition & Food Science Admission Requirements
Students must first obtain admission to Georgia Southern University. Meeting the requirements below, students may choose to pursue either an emphasis in Food Science/Food Systems Administration or Community Nutrition. Students wishing to pursue the Dietetics emphasis must apply internally for admission to the Didactic Program in Dietetics. The application for this program as well as more information about the admission process can be found in the Student Handbook (PDF).
Dietetics Admission Requirements
The Didactic Program in Dietetics is a competitive program that admits a maximum of 35 students each year.
- Attain admission to Georgia Southern University
- Complete a minimum of 45 credit hours
- Achieve a minimum total overall institution GPA of 3.0 or better
- All institutions attended are considered in the GPA
- Completion of with “C” or better grade or current enrollment in the following coursework:
- ACCT 2030
- CHEM 1145
- KINS 2531/2511
- NTFS 2514
- NTFS 2534
- NTFS 3534
- STAT 2231
- Submission of Dietetics Emphasis application (PDF)
- Students transferring in from an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics from another school are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Director who is responsible for determining which dietetics courses remain to be taken and which dietetics courses receive transfer credit. Adequate time must be allowed for scheduling, review, and notification. Students from other institutions are bound by admission and progression requirements of the Dietetics program at Georgia Southern.
Food Science and Food Systems Administration / Community Nutrition Admission Requirements
- Admission to Georgia Southern University
- An adjusted grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on all course work attempted
- Completion of a minimum of 30 credit hours
- A grade of “C” or better in all Area F course work
Last updated: 1/6/2021