Master of Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training Concentration
Format: In person on Statesboro Campus
Advance your knowledge and skills in clinical practice, instruction and research.
As a practicing athletic trainer, you need comprehensive training to advance your career. This two year post-professional graduate athletic training program provides you with a complete core curriculum supplemented by areas of intensive study. Explore the athletic training skills you’ll learn.
You will explore the following areas of intensive academic study:
- Concussion Pathophysiology and Management
- Assessment and Rehabilitation of the Lumbar Spine
- Graston Technique for Manual Therapy
- Clinical Education in Athletic Training
- Opportunities in Gross Anatomy
- iStan Patient Simulator
Our athletic training staff consist of athletic trainers with various specialties and team physicians.
Program of Study
The program of study focuses on student development in promoting strong scientific inquiry and understanding practical applications of theory through exposure to scientific literature and current research. The program produces graduates with the ability to communicate clinical findings to the academic and lay communities, and to display critical thinking skills and expertise necessary to plan and conduct independent and creative research.
Completion of a committee approved thesis is required of all students for graduation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Graduation from a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program or Athletic Trainer certification
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (4.0 scale)*
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within the past five years
- College of Graduate Studies Online Application
*Provisional Admission may be granted to those with a minimum 2.50 (4.0 scale) undergraduate GPA
*Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
|Final Deadline||July 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
Follow Us on Social Media
Last updated: 1/4/2021