Master of Science, Kinesiology, Coaching Education Concentration (ONLINE)
Become a better coach, online.
Coaching Education is an all-online graduate program designed for experienced coaches and those preparing to enter the field. The four-semester program offers online courses in:
- performance enhancement
- coaching administration
- athletic training
- coaching effectiveness
The curriculum follows National Coaching Standards for Level 5 Coaching Status.
Program of Study
The Coaching Education program consists of 12 classes for a total of 36 credits.
- Summer 1 A: Teaching Analysis and Psychology Of Peak Performance
- Summer 1 B: Sport Coaching I and Team Dynamics
- Fall 1: Injury Prevention and Research Methods for Coaches
- Spring 1: Sports Administration and Sports Biomechanics
- Summer 2 A: Issues In Coaching and Coaching Practicum
- Summer 2 B: Sport Coaching II and Sports Physiology
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Regular admission will be considered for students with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 credit hours*
- A full vitae or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
- A College of Graduate Studies Online Application
*Provisional admission will be considered to those with a minimum 2.50 (4.0 scale) undergraduate GPA for the last 60 credit hours.
*Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: This program is a cohort centered program. Each summer session (May), a cohort of coaches begin their program. We do not accept students to begin the program for the fall or the spring semesters. Must be coaching while in the program.
|Final Deadline||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit||April 1
Professor of Coaching
Ph.D., Ohio University
Office: Statesboro Campus-Hollis Building – Room 1100B
Last updated: 2/15/2019