Online Master of Science, Kinesiology, Coaching Education Concentration
Become a better coach, online.
This 14 month program is taught by full-time Georgia Southern University faculty with coaching experience and offers totally online courses in performance enhancement, coaching administration, athletic training and coaching effectiveness. Our program is one of three nationally accredited by the National Committee for Accreditation of Coaching Education and the curriculum follows the National Standards Sport Coaches for high school, college and elite coaching.
Program of Study
The Coaching Education cohort program starts each May and consists of 12 classes (36 credit hours) and is completed in 14 months.
- Summer 1 A Term: KINS 7437 Analysis of Teaching Physical Education / KINS 7530 Psychology of Sport & Exercise Performance
- Summer 1 B Term: KINS 7137 Scientific Foundations of Human Performance / KINS 7531 Team Dynamics
- Fall 1: KINS 7135 Sport Coaching Pedagogy / KINS 6132 Research Methods
- Spring 1: KINS 7430 Administrative Issues in Coaching / KINS 7138 Practical Applications of Human Performance
- Summer 2 A Term: KINS 7434 Current Issues in Coaching / KINS 7730 Practicum in Coaching
- Summer 2 B Term: KINS 7136 Sociocultural Foundations in Sport Coaching / KINS 7433 Prevention, Recognition, & Care of Athletic Injuries
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Regular admission will be considered for students with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for the last 60 credit hours*
- A full vitae or resume that includes the following:
- Work history
- Professional experiences
- Membership and participation in professional organizations
- Other experiences related to the academic program
- Contact information for a minimum of three references
- A College of Graduate Studies online application
*Provisional admission will be considered to those with a minimum 2.50 (4.0 scale) undergraduate GPA for the last 60 credit hours.
*Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS: This program is a cohort centered program. Each summer session (May), a cohort of coaches begin their program. We do not accept students to begin the program for the fall or the spring semesters. Must be coaching while in the program.
|Final Deadline||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit||April 15|
Want More Information? Contact Us!
For all Online Programs:
Federal Law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosure include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
Last updated: 5/20/2021