Mission & Goals
*located on the Statesboro Campus
The mission of the Georgia Southern University Dietetic Internship (DI) is to prepare students for leadership and service in the field of dietetics. Consistent with the mission of Georgia Southern University, this supervised practice program prepares students to become successful entry-level registered dietitians who embrace the values of integrity, collaboration, commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
Program Goals & Objectives
Program Goal 1
To prepare program graduates who will be successful entry-level registered dietitians in the field of community nutrition or school nutrition. *
- At least 80% of program interns complete program/degree requirements within 18 months (150% of program length).
- Eighty percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionist within 12 months of program completion.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 70% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- Eighty percent or more of program graduates will be rated as satisfactory by employers.
- Eighty percent or more of program graduates will rate the program as “preparing them well” for entry-level practice in the fields of community nutrition or school nutrition.
Program Goal 2
To prepare program graduates who will offer leadership and service in the field of dietetics, while embracing the values of commitment to lifelong learning and social responsibility.
- Fifty percent or more program graduates will pursue continuing education activities such as workshops, certifications, and degrees within one year of program completion.
- Fifty percent or more program graduates will be active in professional organizations and/or community service within one year of program completion.
Requests for Program Outcomes Data
Georgia Southern DI program outcomes data will be available upon request.
*The Dietetic Internship Certification does not fulfill requirements towards a Georgia Professional Standard Commission–approved educator certificate for school nutrition director (GaPSC Rule 505-2-.145). The Georgia Department of Education requires a State-recognized certificate for school nutrition directors.
Last updated: 5/1/2020