Admission Requirementsonline application through the College of Graduate Studies must be completed prior to review. The faculty of Sport Management program will evaluate applicants on each of the following:
- Provide a writing sample in the form of a Personal Statement. The Personal Statement should include an in-depth explanation of why you are pursuing this degree, why you are a good candidate for admission, how your experiences and knowledge can contribute to the online learning environment, what your career goals are over the next five years, and what has prepared you to succeed in the Sport Management graduate program at Georgia Southern. You are expected to address each of these topics. The Personal Statement needs to be a minimum of one page double-spaced but no more than two pages.
- Provide transcripts showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association. If applicant holds additional degrees or classes from accredited institutions, those transcripts must be submitted as well. The committee will review previous coursework that relates to the curriculum in the Master’s in Sport Management program.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission into the program. An undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may result in admission with provisional status. Obtaining a GPA of 3.0 on a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits may be assessed on the basis of master’s-level degree work.
- Resume will be used to review the quality of work experience and length of related professional experiences/
- Applicants should prepare a professional one-to-two minute video addressing the question “How will this degree impact your career path? Please send your video link to Dr. Gipson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Upload a YouTube Video: *Note that the video must be less than 2 GB in size and less than 15 minutes in duration to upload. For instructions on how to upload a video to YouTube, click here.
The Graduate Admissions Committee will judge the merit of each item and make a recommendation based on the sum total of the application.
Priority Application Deadline: Students interested in Teaching or Research Assistantships must apply by March 1 to receive considerations for open positions.
Application Deadline: All application materials must be received by July 1 to be considered for admission into the fall cohort.
Admission Cycle: The program follows a cohort model. Students accepted into the program will be admitted during the fall semester.
|Priority Deadline||March 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
|Final Deadline||July 1||Does Not Admit||Does Not Admit|
Last updated: 1/5/2021