Sport Management Admission Requirements
- Provide a writing sample explaining “What does the field of sport management mean to you?” Then highlight or explain a current trend/issue in the management sport. The statement should include an in-depth explanation indicating your knowledge of the academic perspective of sport management. Candidates need to clearly show and explain their understanding of the business of sport management, not their personal goals in the field. The written statement needs to be a minimum of one page double-spaced but no more than two pages.
- Provide transcripts showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association. If applicant holds additional degrees or classes from accredited institutions, those transcripts must be submitted as well. The committee will review previous coursework that relates to the curriculum in the Master’s in Sport Management program.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission into the program. An undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 maybe considered for provisional status. Obtaining a GPA of 3.0 on a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits may be assessed on the basis of master’s-level degree work.
- Resume will be used to review the quality of work experience and length of related professional experiences and/or internships.
- Applicants should prepare a professional video that is one-to-two minutes in length. The video needs to address who you are, your goal from the sport management program and how it will help you pursue your career, and why you want to get this degree. You will need to add your YouTube video link in the graduation application. The video MUST be uploaded on YouTube.
How to Upload a YouTube Video: *Note that the video must be less than 2 GB in size and less than 15 minutes in duration to upload. View complete instructions on how to upload a video to YouTube.
The Graduate Admissions Committee will judge the merit of each item and make a recommendation based on the sum total of the application.
Priority Application Deadline: Students interested in Teaching or Research Assistantships must apply by March 1 to receive considerations for open positions.
Application Deadline: All application materials must be received by July 1 to be considered for admission into the fall cohort.
Admission Cycle: The program follows a cohort model. Students accepted into the program will be admitted during the fall semester.
Last updated: 1/10/2023