This will be accomplished by:
- Creating, evaluating, and disseminating knowledge in the discipline.
- Applying theory through applied service provision.
- Providing support to the mission of the School, College, and University.
- Providing mentorship and advisement to students within the program.
- Providing opportunities for student-centered research and learning initiatives within the sport and exercise psychology discipline.
- Emphasizing the importance of student-faculty research collaboration.
- Offering state of the art laboratory and research facilities.
- Providing a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum aligned with the Association for Applied Sport Psychology requirements for Certification.
- Providing access to and education on the use of emerging technology.
- Encouraging creative approaches to reach educational goals.
- Providing resources and guidance for grant writing, research and scholarly writing.
- Marketing faculty and student expertise.
- Respecting the diversity of thought, expression and being.
- Making students the priority in decisions that benefit their education.
- Providing opportunities for student-faculty interaction.
- Providing opportunities for outstanding student achievement.
- Providing community service which focuses on the science and practice of sport and exercise psychology.
- Providing the opportunity for students to tailor their program of study to meet specific interests.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local, national, and international partners.
Last updated: 1/5/2021