*located on the Statesboro Campus
Follow us on Social Media
The mission of the Sport and Exercise Psychology Program is to provide initiative which will lead the School towards the Vision.
This will be accomplished by:
- Creating, evaluating, and disseminating knowledge in the discipline.
- Applying theory through applied service provision.
- Providing support to the mission of the School, College, and University.
- Providing mentorship and advisement to students within the program.
- Providing opportunities for student-centered research and learning initiatives within the sport and exercise psychology discipline.
- Emphasizing the importance of student-faculty research collaboration.
- Offering state of the art laboratory and research facilities.
- Providing a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum aligned with the Association for Applied Sport Psychology requirements for Certification.
- Providing access to and education on the use of emerging technology.
- Encouraging creative approaches to reach educational goals.
- Providing resources and guidance for grant writing, research and scholarly writing.
- Marketing faculty and student expertise.
- Respecting the diversity of thought, expression and being.
- Making students the priority in decisions that benefit their education.
- Providing opportunities for student-faculty interaction.
- Providing opportunities for outstanding student achievement.
- Providing community service which focuses on the science and practice of sport and exercise psychology.
- Providing the opportunity for students to tailor their program of study to meet specific interests.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local, national, and international partners.
Last updated: 11/2/2017