Ph.D., Ball State University
Office: Armstrong Campus-University Hall 154N
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
My broad research interest is to identify novel and effective strategies to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease. I am specifically interested in investigating interactions between lifestyle behaviors (e.g., physical activity, sleep, diet, and sedentary behavior) and cardiovascular health, inclusive of the role of the gut microbiome in mediating the protective and therapeutic benefits of health-promoting behaviors.
- Lincoln ZR, Blumenburg WT, Cross BL, Vondrasek JD, Watso JC, Flatt AA, Linder B, Robinson AT, Grosicki GJ. Habituation attenuates the sex-specific associations between ischemic pain, blood pressure, and arterial stiffness in young adults. American Journal of Physiology – Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 2022. PMID:36367694
- Grosicki GJ, Zepeda CS, Sundberg CW. Single muscle fibre contractile function with ageing. J Physiol, 2022. PMID: 36268622
- Grosicki GJ, Culver MN, McMillan NK, Cross BL, Montoye AHK, Riemann BL, Flatt AA. Self-recorded heart rate variability profiles are associated with health and lifestyle markers in young adults. Clinical Autonomic Research, 2022. PMID: 35999422
- Nagel TR, Melton BF, Keeler JM, Cross BL, Blumenburg WT, Flatt AA, Stoner L, Grosicki GJ. Cardiorespiratory fitness is inversely associated with aortic arterial stiffness in firefighters. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2022. PMID: 35941741
- Grosicki GJ, Riemann BL, Flatt AA, Valentino T, Lustgarten MS. Self-reported sleep quality is associated with gut microbiome composition in young, healthy individuals: a pilot study. Sleep Medicine, 2020. PMID: 32795890.
- Grosicki GJ, Durk RP, Bagley JR. Rapid gut microbiome changes in a world-class ultramarathon runner. Physiological Reports, 2019. PMID: 31872558.
- American College of Sports Medicine Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Completed the 2018 Ironman World Championship (Kona) in 9:22
- Two-time Boston Marathon Finisher
- Former NCAA College Cross-Country Runner
Last updated: 2/20/2023