Ph.D., University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Professor of Kinesiology
Office: Statesboro Campus-Hollis Building – Room 0107C
Phone: 912-478-8015; Fax: 912-478-0381
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)
College experience is a small part of a life long learning process.
Li’s research is focused on the neuromuscular coordination of human postural control, especially postural stability during standing and walking.
- Biomechanics of human movement
- Running injuries
- The effects of certain pathologies on human movement (especially peripheral neuropathy, diabetes, and cerebral palsy)
- Gait analysis
- Core stability measurements and their effects on movement performance
- Running with knee pain
- The effects of different types of running shoes on running performance
- Nerve conduction velocity study related to people with peripheral neuropathy
- Neuromuscular movement control related to people with cerebral palsy
- Beneficial effects of Tai Chi practice in older adults
- Mao, W., Wang, T., Sun, M., Zhang, F., Li, L. (May 26, 2023) Effects of Tai Chi on postural control in people with peripheral neuropathy: a systematic review with meta-analysis, Healthcare, 11(11): 1559. http://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare11111559 (2022 Impact Factor:2.8)
- Gao, B., Li, L., Shen, P., Zhou, Z., Xu, P., Sun, W., Zhang., C., & Song, Q. (Feb 13, 2023) Effects of proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching in relieving pain and balancing knee loading during stepping over obstacles among older adults with knee osteoarthritis: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS ONE, 18(2): e0280941. https://doi.org/10.1371/ journal.pone.0280941 (2022 Impact Factor: 3.7)
- Pontiff, M., Li, L., & Moreau. N. G. (online Feb. 1, 2023): Reliability, Validity and Minimal Detectable Change of a Power Leg Press Test in Individuals with Cerebral Palsy, Physical & Occupational Therapy In Pediatrics. https://doi.org/10.1080/01942638.2023.2173039 (2022 Impact Factor: 2.1)
- Zhang, F., Sun, M., Qu, F., Lewis, K., Choi, J., Song, Q., & Li, L. (Jan. 5, 2023). The effect of Loss of Foot Sole Sensitivity on H-reflex of Triceps Surae Muscles and Functional Gait. Frontiers in Physiology, 13, 2731. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2022.1036122 (2021 Impact Factor: 4.0)
- Sun, M., Zhang, F., Lewis, K., Song, Q., & Li, L. (2023, published Dec 29, 2022). The Impact of Hoffmann Reﬂex on Standing Postural Control Complexity in the Elderly with Impaired Plantar Sensation. Entropy, 25, 64. https://doi.org/10.3390/e25010064 (2022 Impact Factor: 2.7)
- Shi, Y., Xi, G., Sun, M., Sun, Y., & Li, L. (Dec 11, 2022) Hamstrings on Morphological Structure Characteristics, Stress Features, and Risk of Injuries: A Narrative Review. Applied Sciences, 12, 12713. https://doi.org/10.3390/app12241271 3 (2022 Impact Factor: 2.7)
- Tang, H., Pan, J., Munkasy, B., Duffy, K., & Li, L. (Oct 19, 2022) Comparison of Lower Extremity Joint Moment and Power Estimated by Markerless and Marker-Based Systems during Treadmill Running. Bioengineering, 9(10):574. https://doi.org/10.3390/bioengineering9100574 (2022 Impact Factor: 4.6)
- Shao, Z., Li, L., Mao, M., Sun, W., Zhang, C., & Song, Q. (Jul. 22, 2022) Exploring the Effects of Peripheral Sensibility on Visuospatial and Postural Capacities during Goal-directed Movements in Long-term Tai Chi practitioners. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 14:881972. doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2022.881972 (2021 Impact Factor: 4.8)
- Wei, S., Li, L., Pan, J., Tu, W., & Zhou, X. (July 13, 2022). Contribution of Urban Destinations to Physical Activity: Insight from Nationwide Smartphone Trajectory Data in China. International Journal of Applied Geospatial Research (IJAGR), 13(1), 1-17. doi: 10.4018/IJAGR.295864 (2022 Impact Factor: 0.5)
- Sun, M., Lewis, K., Choi, J., Zhang, F., Qu, F., & Li, L. (Jun. 29, 2022) The Reduced Adaptability of Hoffmann-reflex Parameters to Postural Change with Deficiency of Foot Plantar Sensitivity. Frontiers in Physiology, 13:890414. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2022.890414 (2022 Impact Factor: 4.0)
- Li, L. (2022, available online Sept. 13, 2020). Fatigue, fatigability, and muscle torque reduction. Gait & posture, 95:234. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2020.09.011 (2022 Impact Factor: 2.4)
- Song, Q., Sun, M., Lewis, K., Choi, J., Manor, B., & Li, L. (Mar. 11, 2022) Hoffmann Reflex Measured from Lateral Gastrocnemius Is More Reliable Than from Soleus Among Elderly with Peripheral Neuropathy. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 14:800698. Doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2022.800698 (2022 Impact Factor: 4.8).
- Wang, X., Li, L., Zou, L., Chen, K., & Liu, J. (Jan. 25, 2022). Traditional Chinese Exercise for Chronic Diseases, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Article ID 9842104. Doi: 10.1155/2022/9842104 (2021 Impact Factor: 2.650).
- Yu, C., Deng, L., Li, L., Zhang, X., & Fu, W. (Jan. 21, 2022) Exercise Effects on the Biomechanical Properties of the Achilles Tendon—A Narrative Review, Biology, Doi: 10.3390/ biology11020172 (2022 Impact Factor: 2.4).
Professional Affiliations and Organizations
- American College of Sports Medicine
- International Chinese Society of Physical Activities and Health
- International Society of Biomechanics
- National Academy of Kinesiology
Last updated: 8/16/2023