Ph.D., University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Professor of Kinesiology
Office: Statesboro Campus-Hollis Building – Room 0107B
Phone: 912-478-8015; Fax: 912-478-0381
- Biomechanics of human movement
- Running injuries
- The effects of certain pathologies on human movement (especially peripheral neuropathy, diabetes, and cerebral palsy)
- Gait analysis
- Core stability measurements and their effects on movement performance
- Running with knee pain
- The effects of different types of running shoes on running performance
- Nerve conduction velocity study related to people with peripheral neuropathy
- Neuromuscular mechanisms of contracture related to people with cerebral palsy
- The effects of locomotion on navicular drop
- The effects of diaper on baby’s gait
- Ultrasound measurements of muscle structure and the effects of stretch
Dr. Li’s research is focused on the neuromuscular coordination of human postural control, especially postural stability during standing and walking.
College experience is a small part of a life long learning process.
1. Li, .L., Wen, J., & Fu, W. (2014). Variability and stability of dynamic system applied to movement evaluation. Journal of Tianjin University of Sport, 29(1), 105-107.
2. Zhang, S., Holmes, M., & Li, L. (2014). Reliability of nerve function assessments for people with peripheral neuropathy. International Journal of Neuroscience, (0), 1-17. DOI: 10.3109/00207454.2014.920332.
3. Oyama, S., Yu, B., Blackburn, J. T., Padua, D. A., Li, L., & Myers, J. B. (2014). Improper Trunk Rotation Sequence Is Associated With Increased Maximal Shoulder External Rotation Angle and Shoulder Joint Force in High School Baseball Pitchers. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, DOI: 10.1177/0363546514536871.
4. Dobson, J. L., McMillan, J., & Li, L. (2014). Benefits of exercise intervention in reducing neuropathic pain. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, 8, 102. DOI: 10.3389/fncel.2014.00102.
5. Li, L. (2014). The financial burden of physical inactivity. Journal for Sport and Health Science, 3(1), 58-59.
Professional Affiliations and Organizations
International Chinese Society of Physical Activities and Health;
American College of Sports Medicine
Society for Health and Physical Education
International Society of Biomechanics.
Last updated: 3/14/2018