Health Sciences and Kinesiology Undergraduate Honors College
The Department of Health Sciences and Kinesiology Undergraduate departmental honors experience is made up of a select group of students who seek academic challenge and best represent the rigor of a health sciences & kinesiology education. Acceptance to the Honors College offers students the following benefits:
- Advanced honors level courses taught by distinguished faculty
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Funding opportunities for research and professional conference travel support
- Priority course registration
- Experimental learning opportunities
- Honors seal of distinction on diploma and transcripts
- Completion of one experiential learning project per year (examples: study abroad, internship, leadership, volunteer position, etc.)
- Required Honors College Courses
- Exercise science, sport management, and nutrition and food science majors enroll in research seminars during their junior and senior year to guide them through the research process and completion of an honors thesis.
Admission Requirements for Current Students
To be eligible a student must have:
- Earned at least 15 Georgia Southern hours prior to the semester in which they are to be admitted
- A 3.3 or higher institutional GPA
- Enough remaining time to degree completion to allow for completion of departmental honors course requirements and the Honors Thesis
- Letter of recommendation from a Georgia Southern faculty member
- A complete application with answers to questions about academic goals, experiential learning, and the Honors Thesis
Admission is competitive as we have many more strong applicants than available spaces in the Program.
- Complete Honors College Application
Why participate in Honors in Health Sciences and Kinesiology?
Students who complete the honors requirements in health sciences and kinesiology are more competitive for graduate school, physical therapy programs, and careers. Students have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors on in-depth research or applied projects which will enhance post-graduation opportunities. In addition to research, students gain hands-on learning that contributes to personal and professional development.
Last updated: 7/16/2021