Physical Activity Lifestyle (PAL) Program
The philosophy of PAL is to promote the fundamental concepts associated with healthful living, throughout the lifespan. The healthful living component focuses upon the promotion of health and wellness within individuals, families, and communities through an understanding of healthful living, development of healthy lifestyles, and avoiding or overcoming harmful habits.
The physical activity component teaches the knowledge, skills, and rules of sports and recreational activities to help each student develop a lasting interest in lifetime participation and to attain and maintain a degree of physical fitness. PAL also extends to servicing the athletes of Georgia Southern University through the athletic training graduate assistants; and providing public health services through the support of the American Red Cross and the Boys and Girls Club.
For approval to be granted to register for an intermediate course, an individual must have high school level experience in the area of interest or have taken the beginners level course.
Fitness Based Courses
- KINS 1110 Aerobics
- KINS 114 Body Conditioning
- KINS 1515 Fitness for Life
- KINS 1218 Fitness Walking
- KINS 1311 Jogging
- KINS 1313 Adaptive PA I
- KINS 1314 Adaptive PA II
- KINS 1315Adaptive PA III
- KINS 1316 Adaptive PA IV
- KINS 1512 Yoga & Pilates
- KINS 1514 Spinning (not currently being offered)
- KINS 1413 Swimming: Aqua Aerobics (not currently being offered)
- KINS 1414 Swimming: Fitness
- KINS 1418 Weight Training
- KINS 2418 Weight Training: Intermediate
Sports Based Courses
- KINS 1516 Archery- An Additional course of $75.00 is required.
- KINS 2516 Archery: An additional course fee of $75.00 is required.
- KINS 1113 Basketball
- KINS 2113 Basketball: Intermediate
- KINS 1115 Bowling- Located at the Clubhouse. An additional course fee of $100.00 and transportation is required.
- KINS 1216 Equestrian- Located at Evermore Farms. An additional fee of $375.00 and transportation is required.
- KINS 2216 Equestrian: Intermediate- Located at Evermore Farms. An additional fee of $375.00 and transportation required.
- KINS 1219 Football: Flag
- KINS 2219 Football: Flag Intermediate
- KINS 1310 Golf- Located at University Park Golf Course. An additional course fee of $75.00 and transportation is required.
- KINS 2310 Golf: Intermediate-An additional course fee of $75.00 and transportation is required.
- KINS 1510 Mountaineering
- KINS 1317 Racquetball
- KINS 1519 Rock Climbing (not currently being offered)
- KINS 1318 Scuba- An additional course fee of $130.00 is required. In addition to the basic course fee there are additional costs for gear and course trips.
- KINS 2318 Scuba: Intermediate- An additional course fee of $130.00 is required. In addition to the basic course fee there are additional costs for gear and course trips.
- KINS 1319 Self-Defense
- KINS 2319 Self-Defense: Intermediate
- KINS 1410 Soccer
- KINS 2410 Soccer: Intermediate
- KINS 1411 Softball
- KINS 2411 Softball: Intermediate
- KINS 1412 Swimming
- KINS 2412 Swimming: Intermediate
- KINS 1415 Tennis
- KINS 2415 Tennis: Intermediate
- KINS 1511 Ultimate Frisbee
- KINS 1417 Volleyball
- KINS 2417 Volleyball: Intermediate
Last updated: 6/11/2021