Nursing Entrance Exam (HESI A2)
Admission Assessment (A²) Exam
As part of the admission application process to the School of Nursing prelicensure program, individuals must complete the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment (A²) Exam prior to the admission application deadline.
Students have four options for taking the HESI A2 Exam:
- Group Testing
- Scheduled Appointment (on-demand)
- Remote Testing with Prometric Center
Registration Fee: $60.00
How to register for a group appointment? Register for a group appointment through Georgia Southern University Office of Testing Services Marketplace. Then select Group Appointment and your preferred testing location. Review the testing dates and select the preferred testing date and time. Group appointments are offered monthly and more regularly at the end of the semester and before the nursing application deadline.
Once the exam date is filled you will no longer be able to register for that date through Marketplace. There are no refunds after you have submitted your payment.
Registration Fee: $70.00 (Monday – Friday Only)
How to schedule an appointment? Testers can schedule an appointment to take the HESI Exam Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., based on lab availability. To schedule an appointment, you must first contact your preferred Testing Office to schedule a testing date and time prior to paying for the exam at the Office of Testing Services Marketplace.
Registration Fee: $70.00
Testing through ProctorU is another option for students to test from home. Testers must first register for the exam through the Office of Testing Services Marketplace and click on the ProctorU link. After registering for the exam, the Office of Testing Services – Statesboro Campus will send a follow-up email with instructions on how to register with ProctorU.
- Review our testing policies;
- Select one of the specified examination dates. Remember to look at the testing location as either Statesboro or Savannah. All on-campus tests are given in either the Nursing/Chemistry Building, Room 1003 or Cone Hall, Room 2002 (Statesboro Campus) or Memorial College Center, Room 206 (Armstrong Campus);
- Pay the test fee seven (7) days prior to the test date. If the test fee is not completed and received by the deadline, testing will be delayed to either the next date or the next application cycle;
- Pay the non-refundable testing fee. Payment must be made online;
- HESI A2 exams required: Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Anatomy & Physiology.
Instructions for applicants taking the A2 exam off campus at a Prometric Testing Center ONLY!
Georgia Southern University Nursing Program will accept HESI scores from Elsevier for exams taken at other testing centers. If there are no testing centers in your area, you are able to take the HESI exam through a Prometric Testing Center. Here are the steps to take the exam through a Prometric Testing Center:
- Create an Evolve student account at https://evolve.elsevier.com.
- To register for a distance testing exam. Log into your Evolve Account and click on Student Access. Next, click on Distance Testing Tab > Register for a Distance Exam. Complete the required information, check box, and click the submit button. For item 2 use the GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT ID: 199470 (Make sure the first and last name you use is the same as the government issued photo identification at the testing center.)
- You will receive an email confirmation notice indicating that you may schedule your exam. Please carefully review the information contained in your confirmation notice. If your name is wrong or it has changed, you must contact email@example.com.
- You will receive your Eligibility ID within 1 – 3 business days from our receipt of your eligibility request. Please add the following email address to your email’s safe sender to avoid delays: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then follow the directions to schedule your exam through a Prometric Testing Center.
* We will accept A2 Assessment results from another institution if they are mailed by the institution in a sealed envelope.
If you are a Georgia Southern University student who receives accommodated testing through the Student Accessibility Resource Center (SARC), you are eligible to have your HESI Admission Assessment (A2) administered with your accommodations. Please contact the Office of Testing Services- Statesboro at 912-478-5415 or via e-mail at email@example.com or Savannah at 912-344-2582 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to register for accommodated testing. You must contact the office at least two weeks prior to testing to receive your accommodations.
If you are not a Georgia Southern University student and receive accommodated testing through your home institution, you must provide paperwork on letterhead from your institution’s designated office with your approved accommodation prior to registering. This cannot be a letter from your high school concerning your accommodations.
Only testers with approved accommodations through their institution of higher education can receive accommodated testing.
Testing Policies for the Georgia Southern School of Nursing (SON) Prelicensure (BSN) Program:
- You CANNOT under any circumstance change the testing date once you have submitted the online form;
- Students failing to appear for the scheduled test will not be reimbursed;
- Students are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to testing;
- You must bring a photo ID and pencil to your exam;
- No entry is allowed after the test has begun. NO EXCEPTIONS;
- The A2 test results must be within the last 12 months to be valid. The retest can be thirty (30) days after the first exam; however, the HESI A2 can only be taken twice in a 12-month period;
- We will accept A2 exams taken at another institution if mailed by the institution in a sealed envelope.
A2 Test Prep
Students may purchase study guides directly from Evolve.
Got Questions? Contact Us.
For questions concerning testing dates and times or private appointments, please contact:
Dr. Theresa Beebe Novotny
Coordinator of Testing Services
Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus
Coordinator of Testing Services
Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus
BSN Program Contacts:
Last updated: 6/22/2021