*located on the Armstrong Campus
and Statesboro Campus
Dear Prospective Student:
Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at Georgia Southern University.
All applicants must apply for admission to both the University and the School of Nursing. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing. Requirements for admission to the University and additional information may be found in the University General Catalog. Applications for admission to the University are obtained from the Office of Admissions, P. O. Box 8024, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA 30460-8024, 912-478-5391, or from the Office of Admissions webpage at: http://admissions.georgiasouthern.edu/
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program is competitive and is based on requirements in place at the time of application to the BSN program. In order to be considered for the BSN program for the fall/spring admission cycle, applicants must have met the following admission criteria:
- Admission to Georgia Southern University. All transfer credits must be evaluated by the Registrar’s office and posted on the Georgia Southern transcript upon official acceptance to the University
- Must be able to meet the Core Performance Standards
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must achieve a minimum score of 75% on the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam OVERALL in each of the following subject areas: Anatomy & Physiology, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, General Knowledge, and Math
- Successful completion of 54 semester hours in appropriate core courses prior to admission
- A grade of C or higher is required for Core Areas A, D, and F courses
- Completed 12 hours of the 20 hours of required lab science coursework with a minimum grade of “C” in both the lab and didactic portions of each course
- Sciences in Area F must have been completed within the past 5 years and with a grade of C or higher
- Repeating more than one course, or repeating one course more than once in Areas A, D, or F to earn a passing grade of C or better, makes the student ineligible for admission
- Students admitted to the nursing major must maintain a minimum overall 3.0 GPA and a minimum grade of “C” in all area A, D and F courses prior to beginning the first nursing course
- Students with outstanding admission requirements must provide proof of meeting the requirements to the School secretary before the beginning of the admitted semester. Failure to do so will result in denial of admission
Complete List of Application Materials:
- Complete the online application
- Upload official copy of your HESI A2 Exams.
- Upload an unofficial copy of your college and/or university transcript of all courses taken.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the nursing major. Those applicants who present the strongest application based on admission criteria will be accepted.
Transfer applicants, and applicants with degrees in other disciplines, must meet the criteria for admission to the nursing major. Credit for transfer courses will be granted if course equivalency is determined. Faculty make course equivalency decisions based on a review of materials provided by the transfer student including course syllabi, a course description, and content outline.
Transfer Student Information:
Applicants must have met the following requirements before enrollment in any nursing course:
- Maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Earned a grade of “C” or better in Area A, D, and F courses
- Met School of Nursing clinical course requirements, including: (a) health history and physical examination; (b) essential performance standards for nursing practice; (c) immunization requirements including measles, rubella, varicella, hepatitis B, Tdap, TB test (QuantiFERON TB Gold In‐Tube), and seasonal flu; (d) tuberculosis screening; (e) current American Heart Association CPR for Health Care Providers’ certification; and (g) personal health insurance
- Participated in a School of Nursing Orientation session
*These requirements are subject to revisions.
Please call 912-344-2585 on Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus or 912-478-5242 on the Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus if you have questions or need additional information.
Complete the BSN application here
|Spring 2020||Applications are open from August 1, 2019 until September 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees charged by Georgia Southern University are approved by the University System of Georgia annually. Changes in tuition and fee rates are typically effective fall semester each year. The tuition and fees listed on the links below provide an estimate of tuition, fees, housing, meals, books and supplies.
Please note: The Board of Regents approved continuing the institutional fee in the amount of $290.00 per term for students enrolled in 5 hours or more and $145 per term for students enrolled in fewer than 5 hours for Fiscal Years 2014, 2015, and 2016. This fee is not covered by HOPE and is due on the regularly published fee payment deadlines.
Last updated: 1/25/2019