- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or its equivalent from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association.
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Prerequisite-Statistics. Program requires a prerequisite in Introductory Statistics.
- Georgia resident with an unrestricted and current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply and obtain a Georgia RN license.
- One year of full-time registered nurse (RN) clinical nursing experience before the start of the advanced health assessment didactic and clinical courses in the fall semester of the second year of one’s program of study. Employment verification is required.
- FNP and PMHNP applicants will be required to complete all clinical practicums with a qualified preceptor in the state of Georgia and the facility must have a current Memorandum of Understanding with Georgia Southern University.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form (must be completed prior to first semester entry and completed each semester afterward)
- All materials are to be submitted online through the College of Graduate Studies Admission’s office with the application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Nursing Student Health Appraisal forms (required before the first day of the first semester)
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- Upon acceptance, proof of current malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage, amount. Students must purchase “Student NP” malpractice insurance prior to entering ANY clinical course that requires clinical hours.
- Students must attend a mandatory Graduate Intensive that occurs on an annual basis. The Graduate Intensive will proceed the start of program of study.
Graduate Intensive Dates
|Academic Year||Graduate Intensive Dates||Location
|2017-2018||May 7, 2018 through May 10, 2018||Statesboro campus
Specific Admission Policies
Students must gain regular degree-seeking status admission to the Post-BSN-DNP program to be eligible to enroll in graduate nursing courses. Non-degree students are not permitted to enroll in graduate nursing courses without consent of the graduate program director with the exception of students formally admitted to the Post-MSN certificate option.
Admission to Regular Degree-Seeking Status:
Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale)
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the Post-BSN-DNP program will be provided with an individualized year-round program of study upon acceptance. Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
Last updated: 2/15/2018