Program Outcomes-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Develop advanced clinical practice expertise to affect positive health care outcomes with individuals, families, populations, and systems, particularly in rural and underserved areas.
- Evaluate theory and research for the application of evidence-based practice to health care provided by advanced practice nurses.
- Employ critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills in the application of advanced practice nursing knowledge to develop plans of care that promote health, reduce risk, and manage the illness trajectory.
- Employ effective communication and technology within the multidisciplinary collaborative context of advanced practice nursing.
- Demonstrate advanced leadership, advocacy, consultation and citizenship activities to improve health care delivery and effect change in professional and political realms.
- Incorporate human caring values, ethical principles, and cultural and spiritual sensitivity in all aspects of the advanced practice nursing role.
- Demonstrate role responsibility and accountability in all professional endeavors within the scope of advanced practice nursing.
Last updated: 6/23/2021