Nursing Advanced Placement Track LPN/LVN-BSN Overview & Admissions
Credit Hours: 120
The School of Nursing offers an innovative program, the Advanced Placement Track, whereby the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is eligible to earn college credit for education advancement. The faculty recognize that LPNs have knowledge and skills which support the opportunity for advanced placement.
- Complete a Georgia Southern University application and be accepted into the University. (Student must be accepted into the University prior to being accepted into the program.)
- An unencumbered GA LPN license for at least 12 months prior to application
- An overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in all courses
- Must be able to meet the Core Performance Standards
- Complete 54 semester hours of core curriculum to include all areas A, D, and F.
- Repeating more than one course (didactic) or repeating one course (didactic) more than once in Areas A or D or F (thus 2 failures in one area) to earn a passing grade of C or better, makes the student ineligible for admission.
- Area F science course credits may not have been earned longer than 5 years before the time of application.
- All applicants must achieve a cumulative score of at least 75 percent on the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) Exam in the following five areas: Anatomy and Physiology, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and General Knowledge, and Math within the last 12 months.
In order to be considered for the BSN Program for the Fall/Spring admission cycle, applicants must have met regular admission requirements before the application deadlines. Applicants must meet all current BSN admission In order to be considered for the BSN Program for any admission cycle, applicants must have met regular admission requirements before the application deadlines listed on our website. Applicants must meet all current BSN admission criteria and follow the same application process. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the School of Nursing.
|Fall Admission||Applications are open from January 1- February 8|
|Spring Admission||Applications are open from August 1-September 8|
After admission to Georgia Southern University, the student will make an appointment with their academic advisor. Upon acceptance into the Nursing program, the student must communicate with their Program Director to review challenge options.
The LPN-BSN student will have the opportunity to challenge up to four nursing courses:
- NURS 3101: Skills and Essentials of Nursing Practice
- NURS 3107: Adult Health Nursing 1
- NURS 3108: Mental Health Nursing
- NURS 4109: Women’s and Children’s Nursing
Need more information? Contact us!
Professional License Disclosure
The School of Nursing anticipates that graduates of this program will seek the following professional state licenses: Professional Registered Nurse (RN)
The School of Nursing has determined that the required classes and educational activities of this academic program will qualify a graduate of this program to take the exam for a Registered Nurse license in the 50 U.S. states, District of Columbia, and four U.S. territories: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. Students graduating from our program, passing the NCLEX-RN exam, and successfully completing a background check would be eligible to apply for licensure in any state.
The School of Nursing has not determined whether the required classes and educational activities of this academic program will qualify a graduate of this program to take the exam for a Registered Nurse license (or certificate) for any state not set forth above. Visit the NCSBN to determine the requirements of your state or territory.
Last updated: 10/7/2021