- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association (i.e., NLN or CCNE) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply for Georgia RN license.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience prior to beginning health assessment.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form (must be completed prior to first semester entry and completed each semester afterward)
- All materials are to be submitted online through the College of Graduate Studies Admission’s office with the application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the MSN-Nursing Education program will be given a program of study. Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
- Proof of current malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage and amount (1 million incident/3 million aggregate)
- Proof of “student” malpractice insurance prior to entering ANY clinical course that requires clinical hours
- Nursing Student Health forms
Tuition and Fees
Last updated: 8/9/2019