Master of Science in Nursing – Chronic Care Management Admission
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Current Georgia RN license. Out-of-state students must apply for Georgia RN license.
- One year of full-time clinical nursing experience prior to beginning health assessment.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form (must be completed prior to first semester entry and completed each semester afterward)
- All materials are to be submitted online through the College of Graduate Studies Admission’s office with the application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the MSN-Chronic Care Management program will be given a program of study. Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
- Proof of current RN malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage and amount (1 million incident/3 million aggregate)
- Proof of “student” malpractice insurance prior to entering ANY clinical course that requires clinical hours
- Nursing Student Health forms
- Students will be required to complete all clinical practicums with a qualified preceptor within 250 miles of Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus in the state of Georgia.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees charged by Georgia Southern University are approved by the University System of Georgia annually. For a comprehensive costs and affordability analysis, please visit https://em.georgiasouthern.edu/finaid/costs-affordability/.
Last updated: 11/6/2023