- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from a college accredited by the appropriate accrediting association (i.e., NLN or CCNE) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Undergraduate introductory course in statistics with grade of C or better
- Undergraduate health appraisal/physical assessment course with grade of C or better
- The MAT or GRE is not required for admission.
- Submission/completion of all of the following materials:
- Complete College of Graduate Studies online application with payment of required fee.
- Georgia Southern University Health Services Form
- Three letters of recommendation. Forms in the online application are acceptable, or you can attach 3 recommendation letters to the application.
- Proof of American Heart Association Level C (2 person-BLS) CPR certification.
- Proof of Georgia RN licensure (write COPY) over any replication of license submitted.
- Resume or CV with work history
- One year of full-time registered nurse (RN) clinical nursing experience before the start of Advanced Health Assessment.
Applicants will be pooled for admission consideration. Interviews with individuals under consideration may be conducted prior to admission.
- Nursing Student Health forms
- Proof of current RN malpractice liability insurance (policy cover page) with name, dates of coverage and amount (1 million incident/3 million aggregate)
- Proof of “Student NP” malpractice insurance before entering ANY clinical NP courses that require clinical hours or involves direct patient care.
- NP students will be required to complete all clinical practicums with a qualified preceptor within 250 miles of Georgia Southern University Statesboro Campus in the state of Georgia. NP students must be proactive and secure preceptors for the clinical practicums.
All admission application materials must be received by March 1 for admission consideration to the fall cohort. Students who are admitted to the Post-MSN Certificate program will be provided with an individualized year-round program of study upon acceptance.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees charged by Georgia Southern University are approved by the University System of Georgia annually. For a comprehensive costs and affordability analysis, please visit https://em.georgiasouthern.edu/finaid/costs-affordability/.
Last updated: 11/6/2023