Nursing & Service Learning Application
Wouldn’t you rather take one of your nursing courses or an elective while having the adventure of a lifetime in one of the world’s most beautiful and fascinating countries? This study abroad program integrates theory on health and culture with service learning to provide students a deeper and more meaningful study abroad experience using Costa Rica as the model country. Students apply theoretical concepts through cultural immersion in selected service‐learning settings in underserved communities and vulnerable populations. Students examine their lived experience and understanding of health and culture through lectures, interaction with community leaders, host families, sites visits, and hands‐on practice in community settings. Excursions, organized activities and visits to cultural and historical sites are part of the course. This undergraduate study abroad program is open to pre‐nursing, nursing, and all other majors.
- Please read carefully and complete all sections of the application
- Sign the form and submit the form with a copy of your unofficial transcript to Dr. Marian Tabi, Georgia Southern University School of Nursing, RM 3030, Box 8158, Statesboro, Georgia 30460. Email: email@example.com. Voice mail: 912-478-5998.
- Pay the $250.00 non-refundable deposit online
- Paid deposit will be refunded if application is not accepted
- Paid program fees will not be refunded after March 15, 2019
- Application deadline is March 5, 2019
Expenses & Fees:
- $250 deposit with application to secure space due by October 5, 2018
- 1st payment of $900.00 due by November 5, 2018
- Balance of $900.00 due by March 5, 2019
- Insurance of $21.00 due by March 5, 2019
- Payment for full program fee is due on or before March 5, 2019
- All deposits and program payments should be made online
Last updated: 3/28/2018