Physical Therapy Faculty Present Research
This past February, faculty from the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences attended and presented at the National American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Combined Sections Meeting in Denver, Colorado.
The following research was presented:
- “Interprofessional Care of the Injured Athlete: Intercollegiate Models” by Walter L. Jenkins, PT, MS, ATC, LAT, DHS, Allen Hardin, PT, ATC, MS, Tory Lindley, ATC, Jill Maria Thein-Nissenbaum, PT, MPT, ATC, DSc, Amy Powell, MD
- “What Is All the Hype About Running Shoes? Practical Implications for the Running Tactical Athlete” by Nancy C. Henderson, PT, DPT and Haley Shea Worst, PT, DPT
- “Combat Sports: Different Types, Rehabilitation, Performance Enhancement, and How Self Defense May Save Your Life” by George James Davies, PT, DPT, MEd, FAPTA, Lauren Lou, PT, DPT and Charles E. Rainey, PT, DPT, DSc
- “The Effects of Eccentric Loading on Hamstring Flexibility” by Dixie Edalgo, SPT, Hunter Lewis, SPT, James Rowe, SPT, Ryan Decarreau, PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, Nancy Henderson, PT, DPT, OCS
- “Many Faces of Sports Physical Therapy” by Ross Makoto Nakaji, PT, ATC, Shefali Mathur Christopher, PT, DPT, Erik Peter Meira, PT, DPT, Susan A. Falsone, PT, ATC, MS, Stephania Leigh Bell, PT, Kerry Lee Mullenix, PT, ATC and George James Davies, PT, DPT, MEd, FAPTA
- “Isokinetic Testing Effects of Various Positions and Velocities on Two Novel Functional Unilateral Shoulder Ratios” by Hayley Katherine Abell, SPT, Hannah Lawson, SPT, Alyssa Martinek, Bradley Seuntjens, SPT, Bryan Riemann, PhD, and George James Davies, PT, DPT, MEd, FAPTA
- “Torque Steadiness Measurements of the Shoulder in Normal Subjects and Subjects with Shoulder Pain” by Zach Lewis Gretsch, SPT, Jacob Chandler Fogarty, SPT, Ross Chandler Morris, SPT and Kyle Marlow, SPT, Bryan Riemann and George James Davies, PT, DPT, MEd, FAPTA
- “The “Kneed” to Know: Sports Injuries Throughout the Lifespan” by George James Davies, PT, DPT, MEd, FAPTA, Ronald Wayne Courson, PT, Robert C Manske, PT, DPT, MEd and Michael James Tankovich, PT, DPT, ATC
- “How to Function as a Civilian PT working with Military Tactical Athletes” by Nancy Henderson, PT, DPT, OCS, LTC, Joseph Kardouni, PT, PhD, LTC Mike Bean, PT, DPT, OCS, MAJ Mandy Wolfe, PT, DPT, OCS
- “Effects of Education, Taping, and Stretching on Forward Head Posture and Muscular Trigger Points” by Haley Worst, PT, DPT; Nancy Henderson, PT, DPT; Andi Beth Mincer, PT, EdD, Kaitlyn Crawley, SPT; Alexis Gonzalez, SPT; Delicia Bell, SPT
In addition to presenting, attendees had the opportunity to network and interact with peers and leaders in their field and learn about the latest research and cutting-edge products. The conference was attended by over 13,000 individuals from over 30 countries and consisted of 350 educational sessions and over 1,000 poster presentations representing 18 specialty sections of APTA.
Posted in Faculty Highlights