Altus Suite – Admissions assessments of non-cognitive skills
All applicants applying to the DPT Program at Georgia Southern University are required to complete an online suite of assessments, Altus Suite, to assist with our selection process for the 2022-2023 Application Cycle.
How to Complete Altus Suite
In order to take Altus Suite, you will be responsible for securing access to a laptop or desktop computer with webcam and audio capabilities. You will require the following for both account creation and completing Altus Suite:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Valid email address (the same one you will use to submit your application)
- Working webcam
- Working microphone
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Please go to www.TakeAltus.com to sign up for Altus Suite for Physical Therapy (CSP-10101 – U.S. Professional Health Sciences), under your specific country, and register for a test date.
- Select a Casper test date. You will be provided with a limited number of testing dates and times. Please note that these are the only testing dates available for your Casper test. There will be no additional tests scheduled. Please use an email address that you check regularly and that you have used for your application; there may be updates to the test schedule.
- Important: To account for identity verification and payment processing timeline, ensure that you register for your test at least 3 days before your preferred test date and time. Last-minute bookings are not recommended.
- September 13 is the last test date for Priority Deadline applicants.
- October 27 is the last test date for Final Deadline applicants.
- Ensure you have selected Georgia Southern University DPT Program for distribution before the posted Distribution Deadline. Likely, there will be no additional tests scheduled, but the most up to date information can be found by browsing the Test Dates and Times on TakeAltus.com.
- You may complete Snapshot any time after you have registered for your Casper test at www.TakeAltus.com and up to 10 days after completing your Casper test. Snapshot must be completed by the deadline affiliated with your chosen deadline pool (either priority or final).
- Please direct any inquiries on Altus Suite to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may use the chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of your screen on the takeAltus.com website.
Accommodations: If you require testing accommodations for Altus Suite you will need to submit the Accommodations Request Form signed by you and your qualified professional 3 weeks in advance of your desired test date. View additional information regarding accommodations.
More about Altus Suite
Altus Suite consists of a two-part online assessment of non-cognitive skills, interpersonal characteristics, and personal values and priorities that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program. Altus Suite will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening. In implementing Altus Suite, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
Altus Suite consists of:
- Casper: a 60-90 minute online situational judgment test (SJT)
- Snapshot: a 10-minute one-way interview with standardized questions
The Casper test comprises 12 sections of video and written scenarios. Following each scenario, you will be required to answer a set of probing questions under a time contract. The test typically takes between 75-90 minutes to complete. Each response is graded by a different rater, giving a very robust and reliable view of personal and professional characteristics important to our program. No studying is required for Casper, although you may want to familiarize yourself with the test structure at TakeAltus.com, and ensure you have a quiet environment to take the test. We strongly urge you to take advantage of the 12-section practice test, which will not only immerse you in the test environment, but will also ensure you meet the technical requirements to access and complete the test.
Casper test results are valid for one admissions cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will therefore be expected to re-take it.
For a more detailed look at the Casper test, please see this video.
Snapshot is a one-way interview tool that takes 15 minutes to complete. It is used to help programs get to know their applicants better by assessing verbal and non-verbal communication skills, as well as motivation for the profession. Snapshot includes 2 mandatory practice questions to allow applicants to get familiar with the format and to test their audio and video capabilities. After they complete the practice portion, they will move on to record responses to 3 standardized interview-style questions. Applicants have 2 minutes to record each response. They will have time to read and consider each question during a 30-second reflection period before they begin recording. All recorded responses will be submitted to the program for review.
Last updated: 3/25/2022