*located on the Armstrong Campus
Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Georgia Southern University. This program participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application System (PTCAS). To learn more about the PTCAS application process and apply online, please visit the PTCAS website, ptcas.org. Applicants must review Georgia Southern University’s program page on PTCAS for program-specific prerequisites and application requirements.
Program applications for the 2019-20 admissions cycle are anticipated to be available on PTCAS in early July 2019. The Georgia Southern University Graduate Studies application is not used.
Applicants admitted during this cycle will begin the program in May 2020. Enrollment is limited to 36 students per class.
Early Decision Application Deadline: August 15, 2019
This is the deadline to submit your application in PTCAS as an Early Decision applicant.
Important Note: Your application must be submitted and complete in PTCAS by this deadline. An application status of Complete means that your application has been submitted, PTCAS has received all of your official transcripts and your GRE scores have been received by school code 7813. Early decision applications that are not Complete in PTCAS by August 15 will be moved automatically to regular decision.
GRE Deadline for Early Decision: July 30, 2019
This is the deadline for Early Decision applicants to take the GRE and request scores to be submitted to School Code 7813.
Regular Decision Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
This is the deadline to submit your application in PTCAS as a Regular Decision applicant. Applicants must request their official transcripts ahead of this deadline so that their application will be complete.
GRE Deadline for Regular Decision: September 21, 2019
- This is the deadline for regular decision applicants to take the GRE and request scores to be submitted to School Code 7813.
Early Decision and Regular Decision
Georgia Southern University accepts and reviews both early decision and regular decision applications. All application deadlines are firm. The early decision option is a binding option: applicants accepted during the Early Decision process will not be able to apply to any other program using PTCAS during the application cycle. For your application to be considered in the early decision pool, you must declare that intention when you submit your application to PTCAS. It is important to verify that you are completing an early decision application before you submit your application. Our program and PTCAS will not change your status if you do not select early decision prior to submission; your application will be considered in the regular decision pool.
Steps to Prepare for Application
Next Steps after Application Submission
- Verify that your application was submitted by the deadline. Only applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed.
- Verify that PTCAS has received and processed all requirements (transcripts, GRE scores, references, etc.). PTCAS advises that processing may take up to 4 to 5 weeks once all required materials have been received.
- Continue to check the email account listed in your PTCAS account regularly. This is how the program and PTCAS will communicate with you about your application. It is important to take any necessary steps to prevent messages from being diverted from your email inbox.
A half-day, in-person interview is required for admission. Interviews are scheduled by invitation only. Early decision interviews will take place in September. Regular decision interviews will be scheduled between November-January.
Admission and Matriculation Process
Timeline for Decisions:
Early Decision: Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by late September.
Regular Decision: Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by mid-January.
Candidates selected for admission must formally accept their seat and submit a non-refundable deposit. Students who matriculate in the DPT program at Georgia Southern University will have their deposit refunded during the first week of classes.
Once selected for admission, students are required to submit the following:
- Georgia Southern University Graduate Studies Application
- Verification of Lawful Presence
- Official final transcripts
- Evidence of health insurance
- Immunization records and health screening documents
- Evidence of CPR certification
Please contact the program office with any questions about admissions:
Last updated: 2/8/2019