Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Georgia Southern University. This program participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application System (PTCAS). To learn more about the PTCAS application process and apply online, please visit the PTCAS website, ptcas.org. Applicants must review Georgia Southern University’s program page on PTCAS for program-specific prerequisites and application requirements.
Program applications for the 2021-22 admissions cycle will be available on PTCAS in mid-June 2021. The Georgia Southern University Graduate Studies application is not used.
Applicants admitted during this cycle will begin the program in May 2022. Enrollment is limited to 36 students per class.
Priority Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
If an applicant’s PTCAS application (including observation hours and references), official transcripts, and GRE scores are submitted by September 1, 2021, their application will be guaranteed full consideration.
GRE Deadline for Priority Applications: August 20, 2021
In order to receive priority consideration, applicants must take the GRE and request scores be submitted to School Code 7813 by August 20, 2021. Scores will be accepted from tests taken at testing centers and through GRE at Home.
CASPer Test for Priority Applications: September 9, 2021
This is the last test date for Priority Deadline applicants.
Final Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
This is the final deadline to submit your application in PTCAS. Applicants must request their official transcripts ahead of this deadline so that their application will be complete.
Final GRE Deadline: October 1, 2021
Applicants submitting their application by the Final Deadline must take the GRE and request scores to be submitted to School Code 7813 by October 1, 2020. Scores will be accepted from tests taken through GRE at Home.
Final CASPer Test: October 28, 2021
This is the last CASPer test date for applicants submitting their application by the Final Deadline.
Steps to Prepare for Application
- Review the program’s application requirements
- Attend an information session
- Request official transcripts from every college and university attended
- Request official GRE score reports to be sent to school code 7813
- Complete the CASPer test by the final test date for priority deadline or final deadline applicants
- Request three references
- Complete Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) application by the priority deadline or final deadline
- Submit PTCAS application fee
Next Steps after Application Submission
- Verify that your application was submitted by the deadline. Only applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed.
- Verify that PTCAS has received and processed all requirements (transcripts, GRE scores, references, etc.). PTCAS advises that processing may take up to 4 to 5 weeks once all required materials have been received.
- Continue to check the email account listed in your PTCAS account regularly. This is how the program and PTCAS will communicate with you about your application. It is important to take any necessary steps to prevent messages from being diverted from your email inbox.
A personal interview is required for admission. Interviews are scheduled by invitation only. Interviews for applicants who meet the priority deadline will take place in October. Interviews for applicants who meet the final deadline will be scheduled in December.
Admission and Matriculation Process
Timeline for Decisions:
Priority Deadline: Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by mid-November.
Final Deadline: Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions by mid-January.
Candidates selected for admission must formally accept their seat and submit a non-refundable deposit. Students who matriculate in the DPT program at Georgia Southern University will have their deposit refunded during the first week of classes.
Once selected for admission, students are required to submit the following:
- Georgia Southern University Graduate Studies Application
- Verification of Lawful Presence
- Official final transcripts
- Evidence of health insurance
- Immunization records and health screening documents
- Evidence of CPR certification
Please contact the program office with any questions about admissions:
Last updated: 3/22/2021