An application MUST be submitted to the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) program AFTER admissions to Georgia Southern University has been granted to earn the post-baccalaureate certificate in communication sciences and disorders. Students should also submit a copy of undergraduate transcripts with the application.
*located on the Armstrong campus
- Complete Post-Baccalaureate Application. Please submit this application via email (email@example.com) with the subject line: Post-Bac Application.
- Copies of undergraduate transcript. Please submit the transcripts via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Transcripts.
- Meet with WCHP advisor
- Complete and log 10 hours of community service related to the field of communication sciences and disorders on the volunteer form.
- Complete 25 hours of clinical observation supervised by ASHA CCC-holder. Observation Hours Form
- Complete speech, language and hearing screening at the RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders (Armstrong Center, Suite 20)
- Required GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Maintain regular contact with academic advisor.
***Previous CSDS coursework applied to the certificate must be taken within 5 years.
***A maximum of 6 undergraduate credit hours of coursework approved by the Communication Sciences and Disorders faculty may be transferred from another institution.
Last updated: 7/2/2018